I am going to visit my grandparents out of state for two weeks in the summer. They commissioned me to build them a pc, and it works great. however, two weeks without video games is going to be tough, so I was wondering if it was possible to bring my video card and hard drive along so I could play my games. The only problem that I can see is the fact that my xfx 7870 ghz edition has two 6 pin power ports, but the evga 430w psu only has one pci power plug. I found a pci splitter on newegg, but i'm not sure if it's safe. Any advice?

Trending Poll
What type of skin type are you?
> Oily > Normal > Dry > Sensitive > Combination View Results
1 Answers
24 people found this helpful

Most graphics cards come with molex to pcie connectors, so maybe you already have one? If not buying one should be fine.

Was this answer helpful? Helpful
Welcome to Narfar!
Narfar is a search engine built for communities to ask questions and find the most best answers.

Sign Up Ask a Question
Community Rules
It is fine to disagree or share opinions, but please remain constructive and refrain from being rude to others. We have a zero tolerance policy against offensive behavior.